Qianshizhen Mausoleum was built during the reign of Ming Emperor Chongzhen (1628-1644). The occupant of the tomb is Qian Shizhen, who resided in the district of Jiading. In 1589 he became a palace graduate, went on to hold successive posts in the military, and authored the book “Zheng Dong Shi Ji”.
Qianshizhen Mausoleum is located in the town of Luodia, in Maojialong village to the east of South Sanshu Road and to the south of South Pu Road. The north side is adjacent to a tributary of Lianqi River. The south side of the mausoleum originally occupied an area of 1.3 hectares, with a sacrificial altar and a paved pathway with two rows of ginkgo trees on either side. After the destruction caused by the Sino-Japanese War, only two trees remain, and have been around for 456 years. They were named as famous ancient trees of the city in 1986. On July 22nd, 1992, Qianshizhen Mausoleum was named as a Baoshan District cultural protection unit, and in April of 2005 was rennovated. The mausoleum now occupies an area of 4,984 square meters, is 49.3 meters in length from east to west and 31.93 meters in length from north to south, and 3.5 meters tall. Jinshan stones have been used to repave the walkway, as well as repair the mausoleum platform, the body of the grave, the sacrificial altar, the tombstone, the mythical lion that wards off spirits, and the memorial arch. Boxwood hedge and Yellow Camphor grows on either side of the path, and grass grows on the surrounding area.