Article One Purpose and legal basis
The guidelines were formulated on the basis of The Guidelines of Shanghai Municipality Service Industry Development Guiding Funds  No.3 and Baoshan District’s set of guidelines on enhancing adjusting structures and promoting transformation to support the management of industries’ special development fund.
Article Two Source of funding
The district financial budget will allocate 50 million yuan for Baoshan District Service Industry Development Guiding Funds (or Guiding Funds in abbreviation) to be used exclusively to guide and promote the district’s service industry development. Annual budget of for the guiding funds can be properly adjusted following previous year’s funds’ practices.
Article Three the scope of application
Guiding funds will be mainly used in key fields, key area and emerging industries as well as companies needing focused attraction efforts in the service industry. The applicants’ business licenses should be registered in Baoshan District; the applicants’ tax collectors’ registry should be also in Baoshan and their projects receiving the guiding funds’ supports should be located in Baoshan.
Article Four supporting ways and requirements
(1) Support companies to apply for relevant national or municipal service development support funds
Encourage companies meeting requirements to apply for all national or municipal service development support funds and will provide supportive funds to projects succeeding to receive national or municipal special funding of service industry promotion.
(2) Support the construction of carriers such as service industry nesting zones
Accelerate constructing, nurturing and developing carriers such as modern service industry nesting zones which have nesting effects and provide customized funds supports to sub-districts or towns as well as parks where the nesting zones are located. Funds supports should be focused on service industry nesting zones and featured industrial parks receiving credentials from national, municipal and district.
1. Municipal service industry nesting zones: such nesting zones should have clear industrial positioning, fully equipped with functions and supporting facilities, having more than 100,000 square meters of structural space, higher than 50 percent of occupancy rate and the rate of tenant companies’ localized tax collecting registry respectively. Such nesting zones will each receive up to 2 million yuan of guiding funds supports.
2. Featured industrial parks: such parks should have clear industrial positioning, outstanding major industries, more than 30,000 square meters of structural space, higher than 50 percent of company occupancy rate and the rate of tenant companies’ localized tax collecting registry respectively. Such parks will each receive up to 1 million yuan of guiding funds supports.
3. Key buildings: such buildings should have clear industrial positioning, more than 10,000 square meters of structural space as well as higher than 50 percent of company occupancy rate and the rate of tenant companies’ localized tax collecting registry respectively. Such buildings will each receive up to 500,000 yuan of guiding funds supports.
(3) Support public service platform construction
Support construction of public service platforms which have functions such as information, technologies, talents, trade and financing. National public service platforms can receive up to 3 million yuan guiding funds support if they received relevant credentials. Municipal public service platforms can receive up to 2 million yuan guiding funds support if they received relevant credentials.
(4) Support key projects and companies in the service industry to develop
1. Focus on supporting service projects which have clear boosts to other projects and clear functions. The guiding funds will support projects listed in Shanghai industry development key support catalogue and key service projects which meet regional industry development directions.
2. Accelerate attracting key growing service companies and such companies each renting more than 1,000 square meters of office at nesting zones, featured industrial parks and key business towers as well as having more than 5 million yuan of registered capital will each receive relevant rent or office purchase subsidies up to 2 million yuan. Key big companies or big projects which buys or rent more than 5,000 square meters of office will receive supports from special funds after approved district government.
3. Encourage multinational corporations to set up regional headquarters in the district in the form of investment companies and management companies as well as encourage MNCs to set up research and development institutions and settlement centers in the district. Attracted regional headquarters of multinational corporations will receive one-time reward according to relevant policies such as Shanghai’s regulations on encourage multinational corporations to set up regional headquarters. If MNCs’ research and development centers and settlement centers have been conferred formal certificate from the municipal government, the guiding funds will offer up to 1 million yuan of support to each MNC.
4. Support attracting domestic and overseas renowned business and service brands. Credentialed renowned business or service brand companies which owns real estate properties or rent real estate properties as a whole, to operate independently or use trusteeship management ways to attract domestic and overseas renowned business and service brands and each such company has more than 10,000 square meters of operation space, which will receive up to 500,000 yuan of guiding fund support.
5. Projects such as key activities, themed studies and publicity to foreigners, once conferred with credentials, will receive relevant guiding fund support.
(5) Support regional characteristic industries to nest and develop fast
1. Encourage and support each sub-district, town or park to nurture their own featured industries and allocate some funds from the guiding funds to cooperate with supportive funds set up by relevant sub-districts, towns or parks to help existing featured, fast-developing and relative-influential-in-industry industries. The district authorities will also cooperate with sub-districts, towns or parks to support newly-attracted key service projects and companies to accelerate featured industries to nest and grow.
2. Relevant sub-districts, towns or parks will report key companies and projects they want to attract along with their supportive funds to district commerce commission for pre-review. Such reports will then be reviewed by a joint conference of Baoshan District industry development support special fund management. After passing the two reviews and the investment of the sub-districts, towns or parks’ special industry development funds, the district guiding fund will invest the same amount of fund in these companies or projects as the sub-districts, towns or parks’ investment from their own special funds.
3. Each sub-districts, towns or parks will report their featured industry development briefing to district commerce commission in the early period of each year and if the reports pass reviews and the guiding funds will make investment according to this Paragraph’s Subparagraph 1.
4. Support to service industry in sub-districts, towns or parks which have no featured industries and service projects other than featured industries will refer to Paragraph (4) in the guidelines’ Article Four.
(6) Support Tourism Industry and Cruise industry to develop and up a level
1. Support China Cruise Tourism Development Experiment Zone (or Experiment Zone) and Shanghai International Cruise Industry Development Comprehensive Reform Pilot Zone’s function construction and attract cruise, yacht and sightseeing boats industries. Companies and projects attracted to the Experiment Zone and the Pilot Zone in Baoshan will receive supports from key funds after being conferred with certain credentials. These supports from the key funds will be one-time reward, not more than 1 percent of paid-up capital in the recent two years, which is not more than 5 million yuan. For these cruise ship provision companies, cruise shipping companies, cruise agencies, cruise tourism agencies and cruise talent training, which are attracted to the two zones in Baoshan, they will be offered with one-time reward, not more than 10 percent of paid-up capital in the recent two years, which is not more than 2 million yuan. For cruise companies and supporting service companies attracted to the two zones will be offered with one-time reward, not more than 10 percent of paid-up capital in the recent two years, which is not more than 2 million yuan.
2. Support the construction of national standardized tourism demonstration zone to use the guiding funds to further increase Baoshan tourism standardized system construction, improve tourism public service facilities and functions, encourage tourism companies to participate in national standardized tourism task. The guiding funds will also be used in improving the quality and service levels of the tourism products, support the attraction and development of brand projects, make tourism industry up a level and upgrade the comprehensive competitiveness of the tourism industry. The details of implementations will follow the relevant provisions on Baoshan District’s Service Industry Support Guiding Funds’ investment in tourism development.
(7) Support industrial associations’ development
Up to 500,000 yuan of guiding funds support will be offered to each attracted national or municipal industrial associations and international industrial association to the district.
Non-profitable organizations such as industrial associations, which are headquartered in the district and effective in attracting investment in the service sector will receive not more than 1 percent of the total attracted registered capital annually with a up limit of 500,000 yuan if they passed relevant departments’ performance evaluation.
(8) Other projects needing of support, which are approved by the district government
Article Five Organization
District Commerce Commission is in charge of the project management of the guiding funds, which includes issuing project information, receive, evaluate, implement, supervise and review the projects.
Article Six Application and Approval
Guiding Funds’ project application and approval will follow the relevant provisions of the set of guidelines on Baoshan District’s management of industry development special funds to enhance restructuring and transforming the economy.
Article Seven Management and Supervision
Guiding Funds’ project management and supervision will follow the relevant provisions of the set of guidelines on Baoshan District’s management of industry development special funds to enhance restructuring and transforming the economy.
Article Eight Accessory Rules
(1) The Guidelines will be valid for three years after being printed and enacted.
(2) Baoshan District Commerce Commission and Baoshan District Development and Reform Commission in Shanghai are in charge of the rights to interpret the Guidelines.